Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Universe

If you have ever read the book The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier, you will instantly recognize that the name of this blog is taken from his quote "Do I dare disturb the universe?" In the story, this quote is on a poster that hangs inside one of the main character, Jerry's, school locker. I hate to say "this book is about" because I didn't write it, so I can't tell you what you were supposed to take away from it, but I feel that this book challenges students to think about their actions; to analyze peer pressure.

This blog is for my reading education class and other posts will be mostly about different ways to teach children to read. I wanted to start the first post, however, with a challenge to my readers: think about what you read. Think about the books you place in your future students' hands. Give them something to read that will cause their minds to kick into overdrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment